The South African Association for Counselling Psychology (SAACP)
The South African Association for Counselling Psychology of PsySSA aims to:
- Enhance the relationships between psychologists in the field of Counselling Psychology.
- Promote the professional practice and status of the Counselling Psychologist.
- Render various types of relevant, accessible and affordable services that are efficient and effective to individuals, groups, organisations and communities, whereby human development and mental health, as well as the development of organisations and communities may be enhanced.
- Improve the relationships between registered psychologists on the one hand and members of other professions, organisations, and the general public on the other hand.
- Collect and disseminate information regarding Counselling Psychology to all interested parties.
- Promote excellence in research, as well as the teaching and development of Counselling Psychology.
- Promote relevance and excellence in the training of psychologists in Counselling Psychology in order to ensure high standards of service delivery.
What do members receive by becoming members?
- Participation in SAACP programs and events.
- Receive updates on recent developments in the field of Counselling Psychology.
- Members share information on their work and achievements this will also inspire newly graduated counselling psychologists.
- A sense of identity and community with colleagues with a common passion for advancing counselling psychology. This sense of community is visible in the division’s participation in the PsySSA annual congress, involvement in community projects and presenting awards to eligible members.
Registered Counsellor & Psychometrist
Prof. Megan Campbell
Dr. Phillipa Haine
SAACP Mental Health Panel Discussion
Divisional Webinar: Counselling Psychology in the Public ‘Health’ & Education Systems – Recording Out Now!
Did you miss our free webinar hosted with the South African Association of Counselling Psychology? Don't worry, watch the recording now as we explore counselling psychology in the public health and Education systems!
Join the South African Association of Counselling Psychology and PsySSA, in this free webinar, as we explore counselling psychology in the public health system!
25 July 2023
2 General CEUs
Board Exam Preparation Workshop 2023
Join us on Zoom as we unpack the Board Exam!
20th May 2023
10:00 - 12:00
Recognising the importance of being adequately prepared for the board exam of the registration categories as the final phase of training. Three divisions at the Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA), the Division of Registered Counsellors and Psychometrists (RCP), Society for Educational Psychology South Africa (SEPSA), and South African Association of Counselling Psychologists (SAACP) are presenting a workshop on board exam preparation. The workshop will cover generally the Mental Health Care Act, the National Health Act more generally as it pertains to the three registration categories. The workshop will then cover category related issues that may appear in the board exam, including ethics, referrals, and cases.
Between Freedom and Confinement: A conversation with Professor Heidi Lourens on International Day of Persons with Disability
On this year’s International Day of Disabled Persons, Heidi’s reflections about how people living with disability are somewhere between freedom and confinement should awaken us all to how we treat, write, think, and engage with persons living with disabilities. We should also become increasingly mindful to the ways in which we may force person’s living with disability into confinement, denying them the freedom that able-bodied persons enjoy in their daily lives.