HPCSA is mandated to protect the public and guide the professions. In guiding the professions, it aims to provide efficient and effective service to you, its practitioners. In the third quarter of the 2016/17 financial year, Council engaged a systems development company to develop an Online Renewal and Fee Payment Portal which it believes is in line with its strategic objective of improving performance and functionality. This portal will provide a simpler, quicker and efficient renewal registration process.
The benefits of the online system are;
- Practitioners will be able to go through the renewal process online;
- Practitioners will make annual fee payments and other outstanding amounts, as invoiced, online;
- Practitioners will be able to download an electronic practitioner card including an encrypted QR code, which when scanned, will reveal much more information about the practitioner than is currently the case, with real-time validation;
- Practitioners who prefer the printed format will be able to print their HPCSA registration details from the system;
- Practitioners will be able to view, verify and confirm, or update their contact details, as they renew their membership, or at any time through this portal;
- The portal allows the practitioner to view their qualification(s) and registration details, and where required, send a service request for queries.
The system will is going live on 1 March 2017, be on the lookout for more information.