On Saturday, 28 September, the PsySSA Western Cape branch hosted a discussion about the proposed National Health Insurance (NHI) system at the Cornerstone Institute in Cape Town. The speaker, Professor Sharon Kleintjies (University of Cape Town and PsySSA’s Psychology in Public Service Additional Committee Member), provided a comprehensive discussion about the NHI bill and its implication for Psychological services. The questions raised by Psychology professionals in attendance will be included in the feedback as a response to the bill through PsySSA structures. The event was very well-attended and will hopefully lead to further sessions for engagement and feedback to minister.
- Save the date: 10 and 11 Feb – Psychological Assessment in Africa
- PsySSA Statement: Parktown Boys High School tragedy
- Happy 26th Birthday, PsySSA!
- An Open Statement by the Psychological Society of South Africa in support of Comprehensive Sexualities Education (CSE) in South Africa
- Coping with bad news in matric results: ‘Do not give up hope,’ says UP psychologist and career counselling expert
PsySSA is the nationally representative professional body for psychology. Recognised internationally, PsySSA is committed to the transformation and development of South African Psychology to serve the needs and interests of all South Africa´s people...Read More