On Saturday, 28 September, the PsySSA Western Cape branch hosted a discussion about the proposed National Health Insurance (NHI) system at the Cornerstone Institute in Cape Town. The speaker, Professor Sharon Kleintjies (University of Cape Town and PsySSA’s Psychology in Public Service Additional Committee Member), provided a comprehensive discussion about the NHI bill and its implication for Psychological services. The questions raised by Psychology professionals in attendance will be included in the feedback as a response to the bill through PsySSA structures. The event was very well-attended and will hopefully lead to further sessions for engagement and feedback to minister.
- HPCSA: Guidelines For Good Practice in the Health Care Professions: Ethical Guidelines on Social Media
- PsySSA Student Division – Psychology Live Q&A
- Article & Resources on Suicide Research Ethics
- Evaluation of the Health System Costs of Mental Health Services
- Psychotherapy Symposium Wednesday, 18 March 2020
PsySSA is the nationally representative professional body for psychology. Recognised internationally, PsySSA is committed to the transformation and development of South African Psychology to serve the needs and interests of all South Africa´s people...Read More