Prof. Juan A. Nel (DLitt et Phil) is a registered clinical and research psychologist, a Research Professor of Psychology at the University of South Africa (Unisa) and a rated researcher with recognised expertise in LGBTI+ mental health and well-being, hate crimes and victim empowerment and support, more generally. Juan is a former President of the Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA) (2014-2015), former member of its Council, co-representative on the International Psychology Network for LGBTI Concerns (IPsyNet) and leader of a project aimed at positioning PsySSA as regional hub towards promotion of the well-being and human rights of LGBTI+ persons in Africa.
- SAACP Divisional Workshop: Counselling Psychology in SA: Workforce Recommendations
- 4 Permanent Psychologist Positions Advertised in the WCED
- PsySSA Practice Guidelines for Working with Sexually and Gender Diverse People Revision
- 12 Part Workshop Series Loading
- Calling all interested psychologists: Join the Western Cape Education Department Team (2 Metro Contract Positions)
- Close The Gap – PsySSA Champions Psychological Support on World Cancer Day
- To AI or not to AI, that is the question
- Ignite The Dialogue – PsySSA Congress 2024 Abstract Submission Now Open!