PsySSA President-Elect, Prof Garth Stevens, made a convincing case for decolonising methods at the ‘Transforming Research Methods in the Social Sciences’ book launch. Prof Stevens reflected on the commodification of knowledge production and the need to examine the politics underlying all research. He commended the book editors for the diversity present in the book in terms of methods, case studies and contributors. Prof Brendon Barnes, Head of Department for Psychology at the University of Johannesburg and a chapter author for Transforming Methods was equally complimentary urging the audience to read the book moreso in light of recent events within the field that saw methods being in the spotlight. Due to questionable research and ethical practices. Prof Peace Kiguwa, chair of the PsySSA Gender and Sexuality Division and Associate Professor in the Wits Psychology Department, called for more reflexive practitioners and praised the book for engaging with the problematics of the researcher and the researched. PsySSA is proud to be associated with ‘Transforming Research Methods in the Social Sciences.’ Congratulations to Prof Sumaya Laher, Dr Angelo Fynn and Dr Sherianne Kramer for an excellent text!
- PsySSA Workshop Series 2022: Workshop 3: POPI for Psychology Professionals
- Re-visiting the relevance and importance of health psychology in South Africa
- PsySSA Workshop Series 2022: Workshop 2: The Complexities of Trauma: Conceptual Considerations and Treatment Realities for Practitioners in South Africa
- PsySSA Commemorates International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) – 17 May 2022
- PsySSA 2022 Webinar Series – Webinar 2: Necrocapitalism and Psychic Violence – Recording Out Now!
PsySSA is the nationally representative professional body for psychology. Recognised internationally, PsySSA is committed to the transformation and development of South African Psychology to serve the needs and interests of all South Africa´s people...Read More
Tel: +27 11 486 3322
click here to contact us