Thank you for the opportunity for members of the Psychological Society of South Africa (PSYSSA) to comment on the NHI Bill. These comments follow on from our previous submission to the NHI White Paper, dated 25th May 2016. The process of gathering comments from our members for this submission began at our recent annual PsySSA Congress, held in Johannesburg from 3-6 September 2019, during a roundtable debate on the implications of NHI for mental health care. An ad hoc committee led the subsequent process of gathering comments from all of PsySSA’s structures in order to compile our current position statement and comments on the Bill. Read more…
- PsySSA Statement: Parktown Boys High School tragedy
- Happy 26th Birthday, PsySSA!
- An Open Statement by the Psychological Society of South Africa in support of Comprehensive Sexualities Education (CSE) in South Africa
- Coping with bad news in matric results: ‘Do not give up hope,’ says UP psychologist and career counselling expert
- Coping with Matric Results and Planning your Future
PsySSA is the nationally representative professional body for psychology. Recognised internationally, PsySSA is committed to the transformation and development of South African Psychology to serve the needs and interests of all South Africa´s people...Read More