Cover is granted to all psychologists who undertakes online therapy/ telepsychology during the COVID-19 pandemic only, should a practitioner wish to provide these services as part of scope of practice as part of full scope of services our normal protocol, review and procedures will apply.
Please send FNB Insurance Brokers an email notifying them that you will be working online during the Covid-19 Shutdown : email@example.com
Please find attached updated endorsement to be used, kindly note the following:
- It is a condition that informed consent must be obtained before undertaking any means of online therapy / telepsychology.
- No coverage in respect of any claims and / or circumstances arising out of and in connection with any sessions undertaken via Skype or Whats App or Face Time or Hangouts.
- No coverage in respect of any claims and / or circumstances arising out of and in connection with any sessions undertaken by students or interns.
- Kindly note secured platforms such as Zoom and Hushmail is the minimum requirement of accepted means of online therapy as accepted by Insurers.
- The deductible has been revised to R 7 500.00 each and every claim in respect of any claim arising out of or in connection with online therapy / telepsychology during the COVID-19 Pandemic.