PsySSA thanks our 26th Annual South African Psychology Congress for their effort, dedication and service to the Society and Congress.
See below their reflections on attending the Congress as emerging practitioners!
1. Priyanka Kisten, Honours in Psychology UKZN
Absolutely amazing first experience at the conference, so informative and interesting
2. Nobanzi Dlamini, BA Counselling Psychology UNISA
The event was an insightful wealth of knowledge and learning. It provided one with much needed connections and inspiration.
3. Naseeran Vally, BCom Honours in Industrial Psychology UNISA
It was a great first experience, very informative and a good opportunity to network.
4. Noor Ahmad, MA Psychology (Coursework and Research) University of Witwatersrand
The congress was very informative and a good opportunity to learn from and connect with seasoned professionals and psychologists in the field.
5. Raeesa Mathews, MCom Industrial/Organisational Psychology University of Cape Town
My experience at congress was very insightful and I am inspired to continue in the field of psychology more broadly (and not just in IOP)!
6. Ané Van Zyl, Bachelor of Psychology, SACAP.
I was up and down but I enjoyed every second, I loved the presentations and the delegates for the most part were great to have educational discussions with
7. Nicholas Nortier BA(Business Management and Psychology) SACAP PTA.
It was a privilege and an honour to attend such an event, grew both in knowledge and personally.
8. Valencia Kgadima BA(Hons) in Psychology UNISA.
The congress was very informative and I’ve learned a lot of things in different psychology field.
9. Boitumelo Motaung BSocSc (Psychology and Criminology) University of the Free State
It was an amazing and interesting 1st experience. Learning more about the study field was very informative
10. Lynne Richards Masters of Social of Social Science in Clinical Psychology, University of KwaZulu Natal.
The PsySSA congress is a pivotal event is the psychology calendar and it is an amazing opportunity for students. I am appreciative of the staff and speakers who are willing to give of their time to engage with myself and my colleagues. The opportunity for students to volunteers is invaluable.
11. Tanya Meyer Bachelor of Social Sciences Honours (Psychology) SACAP
The experience was inspiring as well as enlightening. One of the highlights of the experience was when I got to meet the authors of the books and journal articles I have been citing since undergrad.
12. Britney bengtson, BA Honours Psychology Varsity College Durban North – PsySSA Student Division Secretary
Volunteering at the 26th annual PsySSA congress was not only an opportunity to assist PsySSA head office but in addition it was a wonderful opportunity to learn, connect, and be inspired by the great minds in psychology South Africa
13. Maryam Gangat, Psychology Honours Graduate University of KwaZulu-Natal – PsySSA Student Division Vice-Chairperson
As a first time congress volunteer, attending the 26th Annual PsySSA Congress was a phenomenal experience. I had numerous opportunities to meet phenomenal, influential and truly inspirational professionals and have interacted with psychologists who have only fueled my passion for the field of psychology.
14. Bridgette Mogoje, Student Registered Counsellor (UKZN) – PsySSA Student Division Chairperson
Volunteering at the 26th Annual South African Congress has afforded me an opportunity to truly reflect on the type of professional I would like to become and has broadened my perspective on the type of issues our communities are faced with. In between the volunteer work, we were able to interact with professionals who have done amazing work in the field and were willing to answer questions from students. I am grateful to PsySSA for affording us this opportunity to learn and be inspired!