DivisionsDivision for Research and Methodology (DRM)
Objectives of the Division:
The Division for Research and Methodology of PsySSA aims:
- To promote theory and research in psychology.
- To improve the training of psychologists and the teaching of psychology.
- To provide a forum for persons who are involved in the teaching of, and research in, psychology.
- To serve the interests and recognition of those persons who are involved in teaching of, and research in, psychology.
- To promote international co-operation between psychologists and between workers in cognate areas.
- To encourage debate on the social and ethical consequences of psychology.
- To promote links between psychology and its applications.
- To institute and administer Continuing Education (CE) Programmes.
Incentives for Divisional membership and details of costs
What do members receive by becoming members?
- Weekly email circulations concerning upcoming conferences, career and research-related opportunities and links to relevant research material
- Access to research-related material made available on our social science methods website
- Access to particular journal articles and other research materials that are not freely available online
- Participation in informative webinars relating to research psychology
- Guidance concerning HPCSA activities and guidelines, board exam preparation and internship applications
Details of costs:
Social Media Links:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/psyssadrm/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/psyssadrm/
Linked In Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/7436796
Social Science Methods Site: http://socialsciencemethods.co.za/
- Information concerning scope of practice for research psychologists: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/Uploads/editor/UserFiles/downloads/psych/sept_promulgated_scope_of_practice.pdf on pp. 9
- Information concerning Research Psychology MA programmes and internship sites: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/uploads/editor/UserFiles/downloads/psych/LIST_OF_ACCREDITED_UNIVERSITIES_IN_SA_%202016.pdf for a list of accredited training institutions.
- Information on how to tailor and accredit your institution’s research psychology internship: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/uploads/editor/UserFiles/downloads/psych/Checklist%20for%20Research%20Psychology%20Internship%20Applications%20GP%202014.pdf
- Information concerning HPCSA board exams and registration process: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/PBPsychology/Examinations
Division Contact details:
Chair: Ms Lynn Hendriks email@example.com
Vice-Chair: Ms Mandy Wigdorowitz firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Tasneem Hassan email@example.com
Treasurer: Prof Vanessa Scherman firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Member: Dr. Sherianne Kramer email@example.com
Additional Member: Dr. Angelo Fynn firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Member: Dr Shafeeka Docrat email@example.com
Additional Member: Ms Megan Reeves firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Member: Ms Linda Dias Menezes email@example.com